In today’s fast-paced and competitive business landscape, efficiency and productivity have become paramount. One of the most effective ways to achieve these goals is through business process automation.
By leveraging technology to streamline repetitive tasks, businesses can optimise their operations, reduce errors, and free up valuable time and resources.
In this blog post, we will explore the transformative power of business process automation and how it can propel your organisation towards success
94% of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) perform repetitive, time-consuming tasks.
If you’re thinking something like, “Well, this sounds great. But how do I know what to automate because I have so many business processes?!”
Business process automation works best on certain types of processes. Consider this criterion for processes when implementing automation:
- High-volume tasks
- Require compliance and audit trails
- Many people are involved in the process
- The process is time-sensitive
- The process affects many parts of the business overall
Benefits of Process Automation Tools
Process automation tools are a game-changer. The devices themselves vary in their design and offerings. However, the best automation tools such as our very own Oxygen Digital Wokplace suite of applications, should provide the following upsides:
- Integration: The tool should integrate nicely with your existing tool stack, where possible of course (API availability is key!). This means that your legacy software and methods can still be of use if need be.
- Consistency: The processes should remain consistent in their inputs and outputs.
- Simplicity: It should be easy to use the software for everyone involved. The best software tools should need minimal support and are fast to set up and deliver (like ours!)
- Flexibility: Businesses grow, and processes evolve through business process improvement. As such, the tool should be able to grow and adapt with your business’ practices.
Automation has improved jobs for 90% of knowledge workers and productivity for 66% of them
Here are some of our top tips and which pretty much form the well trodden and successful path we follow for all of our customers:
- Automate most straightforward processes first: Start with the low hanging fruit. These are the processes that your team uses day-in and day-out and don’t require so much testing or modifications.
- Start small: It’s easy to get carried away and want to automate everything at once, mainly because once you see the benefits, you will want more! But change takes time, so start small. Pick a few processes to change and be sure to communicate them well with internal and external stakeholders, so people are on board.
- Automate processes right away: Once you choose what to automate, don’t mix in the old process of manual work with the new process. Automate quickly and fully once everyone is looped in!
- Document everything: Take note of what you do. Write down the before and after so you can see the effects of automation. Be sure to document the costs and financial benefits so that you can measure ROI.
- Pick a technology partner: When choosing your technology, you’re ultimately choosing a partner. This should be a vendor that you can trust, rely on for support and grow alongside as technology innovates. At ISAAC we work hand-in-hand with our clients to ensure that they are supported at every step of their journey using our process automation solutions.
88% of small business owners say automation allows their company to compete with larger companies
The Bottom Line
If you have yet to use business process automation, then you are certainly behind the curve. If you’re in the process of executing broad-scale changes across your business and want to maximise your benefits, then automation is definitely the way to go.
With business process automation, you can dramatically reduce costs and maximise benefits across your entire organisation.
So, what are you waiting for?
Get in touch with the team today to find out more